DE / EN
 

Kurtz Ersa Magazine

 
 
 
Kurtz Ersa HAMMERMUSEUM

Kurtz Ersa opens Hammermuseum in Hasloch

The day at the end of June when Kurtz Ersa opened its Hammermuseum in Hasloch, directly at the company’s origin, was radiant. At the “Eisenhammer”, the company which has risen to become a global player shows its origins – and makes it future visible at the same time.

Sure, the repair work on the historical centre was connected with considerable costs. “This is a decision for which the “return on investment” account was not looked at all that precisely. But in life you should not try to weigh up everything in Euros and Cents”, said Kurtz Ersa CEO Rainer Kurtz in front of 300 invited guests. For 30 years, the three brothers Bernhard, Rainer and Walter have successfully run the family company in the sixth generation. The opening of the museum in the anniversary year of 2014 marked “a highlight for our joint work”.

Official opening: The three brothers Rainer, Walter and Bernhard Kurtz (l. to r.) open the Hammermuseum
Official opening: The brothers Rainer, Walter and Bernhard Kurtz (l. to r.) open the Hammermuseum

Family headquarters since 1800
The Eisenhammer and the Kurtz family – a very personal connection for a long time now. Also for the sixth generation, who often played here as children, caught fish in the stream and hid in the smithy, the carriage shed or the coal barn. This also includes the manor house built in 1834, in which Walter Kurtz lived with his family until recently. But it was time to reposition the company’s origin. “At the beginning, we did not even know that something like a museum was to originate here”, said Rainer Kurtz. Some points had to be taken into account in the reconstruction of the historical centre: the company needed additional conference rooms, the company archive and the Anna Göbel and Otto Kurtz Foundation needed a home, the historical hammer mill had to be repaired and the history of Kurtz Ersa was to be made visible – in short: “For the Kurtz Ersa Group, a historical centre was to be created, reflecting the unique history of our company”, Rainer Kurtz summarised.

 

A complex task, which the project team, created specifically for this purpose, approached with commitment – with professional support from the outside, e.g. the historian Dr. Robert Meier, who drew up the extensive company chronicles, Dr. Andrea Schneider, who kept the project on course with clever advice from her experience as the Managing Director of the Corporation for Company History, or Dr. Thorsten Smidt from expo2508, who implemented the complete exhibition concept in the hammer museum in the former coal barn with his team. At the end, a museum which is much more than a museum resulted – with a heart which is still beating in the fully functional hammer mill.

Iron hammer in a new shine
Dead on time for the opening, the iron hammer from 1779 appeared with a new shine thanks to the tireless work of many craftsmen: with a new roof, repaired hammers and a reinforced floor: “For our customers, employees, business partners and visitors, Kurtz Ersa is presenting itself with a distinctive new face from now on. As a technology leader, we have to prove that our production technique means benefits for the customers on the world markets – and for this future, we have made our origin visible at this place”, said Rainer Kurtz. The last iron hammer in the Spessart region, witness of times long passed, shows the visitors how industry in the Spessart originated, how Kurtz Ersa developed into a group of companies active all over the world in the course of time and the innovative technologies with which the current position is being strengthened and further extended.

 

Giving something back to the region
By creating the museum, Kurtz Ersa wants to give something back to the region, as the Spessart is a good location for an industrial company, where “very down-to-earth, hard-working, but also inventive people live”. Yes, the employees: Kurtz Ersa’s success is above all also based on the commitment of its employees, who have often worked for the company for generations. After the casting of the hammer bell and a benediction, the three Kurtz brothers officially opened the hammer museum. In the course of the decades, innumerable bell tongues have been forged on the iron hammer and have sounded near and far away. Rainer Kurtz promised: “The bell will not silence, even if the iron hammer becomes a museum!”

Opening Hours Hammermuseum

  • April-Oct. Di.-So. 10:00-16:00 Uhr
  • Nov.-March Fr.-So. 10:00-16:00 Uhr

Tel. 09342 805 459 I www.hammer-museum.de

 
 
 
 

More articles from Kurtz Ersa Corporation

Enjoying success!

Kurtz Ersa presents itself as an attractive employer from the region

Kurtz Ersa Jubilee

Big Employees´ Festival at Kurtz Ersa in the anniversary year 2014

10 Years of Zhuhai

The Kurtz Zhuhai Manufacturing Ltd. celebrated 10 years of presence

Processes: Liquidity Planning

Even processes like liquidity planning are portrayed in SAP ERP